Operates computed tomography equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes under direction of physician. Explains procedure to patient, positions and immobilizes patient on exam table, and observes during scan.
1. Performs CT procedures in accordance with established standards, procedures, and protocols.
2. Patient care responsibilities include venipuncture, care of IV’s, chest tubes, oxygen, and catheters when applicable.
3. Completes the pertinent medical history form.
4. Greets patient, confirms image to be taken, explains procedure to patient, and is sensitive to patient’s anxiety about procedure.
5. Prepares patient information files showing patients name, date of CT examination, referring physician, and nature of examination.
6. Reviews the requisition and confirms the accuracy of the screening form.
7. Generally prepares the patient for the examination, positions patient on examination table, and monitors patient’s condition during examination.
8. Prepares contrast to be administered to individual patients and checks that it is appropriate to the forthcoming test and specifically intended for the particular patient. This is done according to established protocols and/or Radiologist orders.
9. Performs intravenous contrast injections as required.
10. Assists radiologists in imaging procedures by obtaining appropriate equipment, determining patient position, and etc.
11. Performs computer generated, post-processing, and quantitative analysis including recording of results.
Certification with ARRT.
*An advanced level of technical knowledge and skill gained through continuing education and work experience. Also, some degree of supervisory and administrative knowledge and work experience is preferred.
*Is expected to further his or her knowledge and competence by reading, attending courses, and conferences.
*Specialized training in computed technology.
*Certificate in CPR and First-Aid.
Hours of Work
The candidate should be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed.